Waunakee Remodeling, Inc.
|Job Title||Carpenter||FLSA Status||Non-Exempt|
|Department||14 – Carpentry||Revised Date||5/6/2016|
|Reports to (Title)||Department Manager|
- The Carpenter is responsible for successfully completing remodeling jobs ranging in scope from a few hours to multiple week long projects. They must work with Project Managers and their fellow carpenters to ensure clean, safe and efficient work sites from start to finish.
- Read and interpret construction plans.
- Build carpentry projects according to plan documents from demolition to framing to trim work.
- Work with Project Manager throughout the project to address concerns and general progress updates.
- Prepare project for work provided by subcontractors.
- Interact professionally with vendors and suppliers on the job site.
- Communicate professionally with homeowners to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Provide and maintain personal tools and equipment and ensure proper and safe working condition.
- Maintain a professional image at all times.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in residential remodeling.
- Lead safe renovator certification preferred or ability to acquire it.
- Valid Wisconsin Driver’s License is desired and an excellent driving record.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and operate machinery. The employee is occasionally required to sit and to frequently must squat, stoop or kneel, reach above the head and reach forward. The employee continuously uses hand strength to grasp tools and climbs on to ladders. The employee will frequently bend or twist at the neck and trunk more than the average person while performing the duties of this job. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally will lift and/or move up to 90 lbs. The employee will sometimes push/pull items such as tables, scaffolds, and cabinets. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, peripheral vision, and the ability to focus.
- The offsite physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions. Frequently requires the use of personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to noise, heights and hazardous materials.
- The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job/classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
- This is a non-exempt, hourly position that is eligible for overtime.
- Hourly rate is commensurate on experience.
- Position comes with excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, FSA, HSA, Life, Disability, 401k and paid time off.
Waunakee Remodeling is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.