RESIDENTIAL FLOORING INSTALLERS
The primary function of an installer is to complete a quality installation that promotes customer satisfaction. Whether you are an experienced flooring installer or want to learn the trade, we’d love to talk to you. Please call Jean Vogel at 608-663-2560,
Kristi Papadopoulos at 608-663-2534 or Jesse Tranel at 608-663-2543.
Sergenian’s Floor Coverings is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Duties: Duties may vary depending on type of product and type of installation but may include the following:
- Pick up installation paperwork and materials at warehouse
- Drive to various job sites
- Greet customers and review paperwork with customer
- Carry tools to job site
- Select and use proper tools
- Carry product to job site
- Ventilate the work area as much as possible
- Move and replace furniture
- Tear up of old flooring
- Clean up floor immediately after old flooring has been removed. Floor preparation - Sweep, scrape, sand, or chip dirt and irregularities to clean base surfaces, correcting imperfections that may show through the covering
- Form a smooth foundation by stapling plywood or Masonite over the floor or by brushing waterproof compound onto surface and filling cracks with plaster, putty, or grout to seal pores
- Inspect surface to be covered to ensure that it is firm and dry.
- Relax carpet prior to installation by unrolling it and ventilating with fresh air
- Remove/install cove base
- Nail down tack strip
- Lay carpet pad and fastens to sub floor with staples or cushion adhesive; applies tape to seams
- Measure and mark guidelines on surfaces or foundations, using chalk lines and dividers
- Determine traffic areas and decide location of seams.
- Cut covering and foundation materials, according to blueprints and sketches
- Lay carpet
- Cut flooring material to fit around obstructions.
RESIDENTIAL FLOORING INSTALLER cont.
- Trim excess covering materials, tack edges, and join sections of covering material to form tight joint.
- Apply seam sealer adhesive
- Seals seams with the appropriate technique for the job
- Roll and press sheet wall and floor covering into cement base to smooth and finish surface, using hand roller
- Apply adhesive cement to floor or wall material to join and adhere foundation material
- Use of roller, knee kicker and power stretcher
- Remove all tools, empty containers, hardware, supplies, etc.
- Load vehicle with old carpet and pad for recycling
- Bag smaller scraps for recycling or trash as appropriate
- Proper disposal of old product/scraps/trash
- Vacuum all new carpet thoroughly
- Do a final walk-through with customer
- Obtain COD amount if necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Demonstrated use of related equipment and tools
- Installation experience
- Reliable transportation (truck or van) capable of carrying flooring materials
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to understand and communicate numerical data
- Ability to calculate simple figures and amounts
- Ability to read and understand product specifications
- Ability to properly install all products without direct supervision.
- Ability to push, pull, lift and carry materials weighing up to 70 lbs. frequently
- Ability to push, pull, lift and carry materials weighing up to 100 lbs. occasionally
- Ability to retain bending and/or squatting position consistently (40% of the time)
- Ability to retain position on hands and knees (30% of the time)
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Understanding and ability to use proper installation techniques
- Ability to adapt to rapid changes
- Ability and willingness to follow instructions
- Interpersonal communication skills (i.e. verbal, written, listening)
- Time management skills
- Neatness and attention to detail
- Use of safety precautions