Waunakee Remodeling, Inc.
|Job Title||Estimator||FLSA Status||Non-Exempt|
|Reports to (Title)||Carpentry Department Manager|
- This position works directly with partnering sales staff and project managers to successfully estimate remodeling projects with a focus on project profitability and customer experience. The responsibilities include initial bid creation, obtaining estimates from vendors and sub-contractors to be used in detailed scope. Accurate project documentation is essential to the success of this position.
- Use scope and pictures provided by sales staff along with knowledge of plumbing, countertops, cabinets, flooring, paint colors and general hardware to price functional home remodeling projects.
- Meet with Carpentry Sales Consultants to understand customer expectations.
- Based on homeowner’s wants and needs gathered from Sales Consultants request price quotes from vendors and sub-contractors as needed to price an accurate project scope.
- Create plan packets including technical drawings for installation staff, ensuring required notes and details are captured in plans.
- Stay current on trends, evolving customer preference, and the competitive market place for deliverables.
- Manage difficult situations with tact; combining concern for sales staff requests while still maintaining reasonable expectations.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 3 year estimating experience required.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in residential remodeling and construction processes.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel is a must.
- Experience with ArchiCad, AutoCad, 20/20 and Sketch-Up is preferred.
- 90% of working conditions are normal for an office environment.
- Remaining 10% can require the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions. Work conditions can also require the use of personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to hazardous materials.
- Typical work week is Monday through Friday and averages 40 hours per week.
- This is a non-exempt, hourly position that is eligible for overtime.
- Hourly rate is commensurate on experience.
- Position comes with excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, FSA, HSA, Life, Disability, 401k and paid time off.